Vermont City Marathon
Sunday, May 28, 2017
Calling all Runners to join the “Will Run For Coffee” Team!
Because Food Security is a marathon, not a sprint
Celebrate our 5th anniversary participating in this event by signing up to raise money or sponsor Food 4 Farmers!
Since 2011, Food 4 Farmers has partnered with coffee farmers and their communities in Latin America to overcome the “Thin Months” of seasonal hunger. Most high quality coffee we all enjoy is grown by millions of smallholder coffee farmers as their main source of income. Yet, year after year, low coffee prices and problems caused by climate change prevent farmers from earning enough from their crop to put healthy food on the table for their families all year long.
Food 4 Farmers is determined to change that. We’re working with coffee cooperatives in Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, and Nicaragua — representing more than 13,000 people — to build long-term solutions to hunger. We coach and connect coffee farmers with the expertise they need to implement effective, sustainable strategies to grow healthy food and diversify income, while making sure they have the right resources to thrive over time.
How to help
1. Raise funds to support our work. This year, one of our generous supporters will match donations up to $5,000 raised during the VCM. 2. Become a sponsor. As an event sponsor, your business or organization will get your logo on our marathon t-shirts, a logo on our website and a link to yours, and your logo on all printed event materials. To find out more about becoming a sponsor, contact Amy Mason at Amy@food4farmers.org, or at 802 497-3304.
How do I raise money?
- You can easily collect donations via cash, check or online through Crowdrise (a fundraising platform) at https://www.crowdrise.com/food-4-farmers-vcm-2017-fundraiser .
- Set up an individual or team page to raise funds via Crowdrise. This helps donors easily see your fundraising progress.
- Use your own network through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, GoFundMe, and others to spread the word about your participation and invite others to get involved.
- Mail cash and checks to: Food 4 Farmers, 523 Isham Road, Hinesburg, VT 05461.
What do I get in return?
- A cool Food 4 Farmers shirt to wear the day of the marathon!
- A big thank you on our website and on social media!
- Updates about how your funds are being invested to help coffee-farming families access and grow nutritious food, supplement income, and improve their health.
Questions? Contact Amy Mason at email@example.com, or call 802 497-3304.