In July 2011, we launched our first food security partnership with the SOPPEXCCA coffee cooperative in Jinotega, Nicaragua. We’re now working with 6 coffee cooperatives and producer organizations in 4 countries, representing 8,700 coffee-farming families. They’re leading the way to improve nutrition, livelihoods, and environmental health in their rural communities.
July 2021 marks 10 years of inspiring collaboration and locally-led impact. Coffee farmers are growing healthy food for their families, neighbors, and customers. New farmers markets are springing up, and new local businesses are being launched by women and young people. Our partners are committed to ensuring everyone in their communities can thrive, and we’re committed to ensuring they have the tools, knowledge, and resources they need to succeed.
Want to help? Here are ways to get involved and help coffee-farming families cultivate a food-secure future.
- Make a 10th Anniversary donation! All new donations will be matched by two generous Food 4 Farmers donors, up to a total of $10,000.
- Become a Sustaining Partner ($25/month for individuals, $50/month for businesses) and get a bag of Roasted Rick’s coffee!
- Become a Matching Sponsor to expand our community of supporters ($1,000+)
- Host an event to raise awareness and funds for our work.
- Invite your customers to support Food 4 Farmers by adding a round up or donate button on your e-commerce site.
- Spread the word through your social media, personal, and professional networks.
To find out more about sponsorship and other ways your business can get involved, contact Janice Nadworny at firstname.lastname@example.org.